1. Try to relax before going to see a medium for help. It creates a better atmosphere for the reading and makes it easier for the spirits to communicate.
2. Let the medium proceed in his or her own manner. Don't expect your most pressing problem to be discussed at once.
3. Spirit provides evidence of identity in many different ways. It may be by name, description, relationships, incidents, etc. Be willing to verify such evidential information so the medium can proceed to any message that is to be given.
4. Let the medium know when they are correct. Don't attempt to confuse them. Be fair.
5. Arguing or wanting things done your way makes it difficult for the medium to function effectively and may lead to failure.
6. Something may make more sense by the end of the reading , or understanding of the message may come at a later time after you have had a chance to think about it. So don't be quick to say "NO" to what is given by the medium.
7. The true success of a reading is not always measured by prophecy but by the guidance it provides. Prediction is possible , but you have the power to change coming events.
8. If you wish to ask a question, or questions, meditate on them in advance of the meeting. Give spirit ample time to get an answer. No spirit claims to have an answer on the spur of the moment. After all, you are communicating with people.
9. A good reading should explain the philosophy of harmonious living. Mediumship is not fortune telling.
10. Don't try to prolong a reading, The medium realizes when the forces are gone. You are always welcome to come again.
HOW TO GET A GOOD READING: (from spiritualist brochures)
UNDERSTANDING SPIRITUAL MEDIUMSHIP
After doing countless readings, I have found it is most helpful to you, the client/receiver, to be prepared and educated about the process of mediumship before coming to your session. This serves two purposes: to deepen your ability to be receptive to what Spirit communicates during your session and to “make an appointment” with the spirit world for deeper, clearer communication from your loved ones and spirit guides. I have witnessed firsthand the power and depth of the healing that transpires for individuals who are prepared, willing and ready to accept communication from the spirit world. On the other hand, I have occasionally seen those who are not receptive and/or carry personal agendas and expectations about their sessions be disappointed concerning the information Spirit imparts to them. For these reasons and to ensure your maximum benefit from a session, I highly recommend that you adequately prepare yourself before coming.
It is necessary for you to have questions written prior to coming. This greatly facilitates the communication from Spirit. Please do not ask me to “just tune into my future” as this is much too vague and open. Mediumship is not fortune telling. Although many of my readings contain information regarding probable future events in your life, you have free will and can change your future instantly by changing your thoughts.
Send love to your loved ones in the spirit world and invite them to communicate during your session. If there is someone in particular you want to hear from, send him/her uplifting thoughts and invite them to the session. I can never guarantee who will come through in a session; the spirit world, including my spirit guides and yours, control the communication and will determine who comes through and when. I, as the medium, have absolutely no control over who will communicate during a session. In this light, please release any and all expectations about whether your loved one will come through. If you do not, you will miss other important messages being communicated for your spiritual growth. In my experience, most of the time the person you desire to hear from will come through. However, this is not always the case. Sometimes you may hear from the loved one of a friend, co-worker, or neighbor. In these cases, you are the spiritual messenger who delivers an important message to their loved ones you have contact with.
I am a mental medium, which means I receive the thought impressions of spirit beings through my inner senses from the spirit world. Unfortunately, the process of mediumship is not exactly like reading a newspaper. That is, spirit guides and loved ones send me images, thoughts, feelings, and sounds that I have to interpret through my own frame of reference. This is not an exact science, yet is nonetheless perfectly valid. Loved ones will present evidence of their continuity of life through many different means that you will be able to recognize. I often bring through names and other specific information that will validate your loved one’s identity. However, please remember the spirit world is extremely clever in the way it communicates, so you may receive messages that you are not expecting to hear, yet will validate your loved one’s continued loving awareness of your life. Be open to all communication in a reading. You are welcome to tape. It is recommended that you back up your session with your own notes.